Describe how the use of the Tablet PC has assisted your learning of econometrics.
I received many different statements in four broad categories: (1) about the lecture, (2) about reviewing notes, (3) about mobile computing, and (4) a couple of general comments. I have quoted them closely, but changed the writing to be of one style to help you read through this list.
- I don't need to write too much during the class so that I can concentrate more on listening
- It is much easier to make notes, but the pen is really hard to use (and that is the only negative comment)
- The tablet PC assisted me in studying econometrics a lot. Especially in class, it helps me concentrate more. It helps me pay attention in class better.
- The Tablet PC has made learning more interactive especially during lecture.
- The Tablet PC is very useful in that I could use DyKnow to reproduce notes and did learn better from seeing my hand written notes with the lecture notes.
- Having all the notes accessible on DyKnow Vision was the most useful aspect. I made many references to DyKnow notes.
- Note taking is enhanced through the ability to correct and move data easily.
- Having an electronic copy of all my notes as well as a portable computer increased my efficiency, desire to work, and number of locations where I am both physically and technologically capable of working and studying. This is especially true for SAS (our statistical software).
- Mobile technology is a great advantage in and out of the classroom.
- Having SAS on this computer saved much time avoiding trips back and forth to school.
- Having the screen directly in front of me made the material much more accessible.
- I can work at anytime. The Tablet PC reminds me to put more effort on econometrics because whenever I turn it on my assignments were shown instantly reminding me how much I had to finish.
- I can communicate with the teacher more effectively.
- The statistics (from the polls) in class let me know what others in class are thinking about the specific questions.
- The Tablet PC is very interactive and I fell in love with it.
There you have it .. in their own words.