Wednesday, November 28, 2007

DyKnow Vision and Tablet PCs (more on 1:1 computing)

It may not be the greatest thing since sliced bread, but I had a lot of fun with DyKnow Vision in my graduate classroom this Fall. Those who have read this blog will note that I discussed problem based learning in my graduate econometrics class last Spring when my students had Tablets for 6 whole weeks. The 'experiment' was a great success. This Fall 2007 I am again in a 1:1 relationship with my graduate students as each have assigned to them a Tablet PC for the entire year. Once again I am collecting performance and attitude information from the students about their Tablet PC use in learning Econometrics.


Last spring when I spoke on the problem based learning at the DyKnow Users Conference at DePauw university I participated in an interview with two other economists, Michelle Valinski and Mary Dixon, and this video is the result. Click here to see the video. You have to watch for a while to see me.

No comments:

Post a Comment