Wednesday, September 12, 2007

EconTalk -- A wonderful teaching resource

I admit it, I have been hooked on the EconTalk series of podcasts (economic podcasts for daily life) hosted by Russ Roberts of George Mason. I think you will agree that the quality of these interviews with economists is first rate. I have recently enjoyed two in particular: (1) Paul Romer on Growth and (2) David Henderson on Disagreeable Economists. EconTalk is part of the terrific Library of Economics and Liberty which also hosts the Concise Encyclopedia of Economics. I am using these in my online course as a supplement. In fact one of the most often asked questions after the appropriate chapter is which of those growth theories are correct. I think Paul takes care of that, if they will only listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment