Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Active Learning and Everyday Economic Statistics

Back from Savannah, one of the most beautiful cities in the US. What a great time there. We attended the International Atlantic Economic Society annual meetings and I presented in a session on active learning put together by Paul Hettler of California University of PA. Four of us presented papers on techniques we are using in our classes. Paul presented on a hybrid team-based learning design, Gerald on a cooperative learning / online design and I presented my Problem Based Learning in Econometrics paper.

I was pleased to see Gary Clayton of Northern Kentucky University there and to get a chance to meet him. Gary has a great book called Everyday Economic Statistics which I use in my required undergraduate Computer Skills for Economic Analysis class. He also has a very supportive website at EconSources.com. If you do not know about it it is worth checking out.

No comments:

Post a Comment