Sunday, June 10, 2007

Hello from WIPTE 2007



Hello all. Dan Talley and I are at Purdue University for the Workshop on the Impact of Pen-based Technology on Education (WIPTE 2007). A full schedule is on Monday and Tuesday and can be seen from the WIPTE website. The schedule of presentations is here. I will be presenting a poster each day called Learning Econometrics in a Problem Based Learning Curriculum with the Tablet PC: An experiment in 1:1 computing. Quite a mouthful, but I couldn't think of a short title that expressed what it was about. If you are here at WIPTE and you read this blog please stop by and let me know. I am uncertain whether to post the results of this poster here until I get a little more feedback, but will let you know here.
Well tomorrow morning the conference is kicked off by a keynote by Cathie Norris and Elliot Soloway on Integrating Mobile Technologies into the Existing Curriculum. Dan and I will be interested to see how this meshes with the mobile learning environment we have written about. Dan teaches at DSU where every student and professor has a Tablet PC. While I and a few professors at UA have Tablet PCs and this last semester we were able to provide a Tablet PC to each of my students in a graduate class, the majority of faculty and students do not have access to Tablet PCs. How Tablets and other mobile learning technologies integrate in our different schools is quite different.
I have been experimenting with a new kind of mobility thanks to my wife talking me into buying a Palm Treo 700wx. Check it out.
So anyway, if you are at WIPTE or just wish you were drop me a line or stop by and say hi. I will be the guy standing in front of my poster. -- Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment